Thursday, January 21, 2016

thirty-eight

This birthday girl was properly feted and felt ALL the birthday love during her birthday week plus some. Lots of cocktails, champagne, tiaras, thoughtful gifts, delicious food, time with girlfriends, a yummy Husband who made outstanding paella, adorable children to sing happy birthday and high jack my birthday cake and blow out my candles. There is simply nothing more that this girl could ask for.

cake for breakfast! #ftw

favorite things
38 is going to be a good year. I have been feeling successful in career and family and relatively balanced give or take. There are always those days or weeks where you are buried in work and you are just trying to get through the next day, but for the most part things have been fantastic and I have so many things to look forward to this year.

We had the most lovely MLK day. Wine tasting (and purchasing), Hog Island oysters, Schramsburg,  and shopping in Napa Valley.




Next we head to Minneapolis for the weekend. Brrrr! I look at those temps and I'm not entirely sure how I managed to grow up there without meeting my peril in a snowbank. I'm signed up for the Shamrock'n Half Marathon and have made a new training friend. Tickets have been purchased for a girls weekend in Minneapolis and I've booked a hotel room for my 20th high school class reunion.

Other goals for 38 include teaching Little Miss J how to ride her bike without training wheels and tie her shoes, potty training J2, and finishing the Ely Lake swim this summer.

Here is to 38!   



No comments: