Tuesday, September 29, 2015

#j2is2


Dear J2,

Happy happy 2nd Birthday my sweetest little boy, all 33 lbs of you! You are messy. You are determined. You are mostly happy and you are infinitely adorable. You light up our family with your infectious smile and every milestone leaves me feeling like we have a child prodigy on our hands. There will come a day when not everything you do leaves me in awe, but for now I beam with pride at your cleverness. 

You are truly all boy. You like playing in dirt, splashing in water, climbing on tables and running full speed ahead at all times. How do we know when you are done eating/drinking? When you dump your food/beverage all over the ground. How do we know when someone else is done eating/drinking? When you dump their food/beverage all over the ground. But when you remember them, you have the sweetest manners. Who can resist giving you exactly what you want when you are holding your hands out saying, "Please?" It is certainly not me. 


You love oral hygiene, singing, dancing and knock knock jokes. You sing Happy Birthday, ABCs, and Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, and you also love Patty Cake. You are also not afraid to chime in when your sister sings "Let It Go," which is still happening with alarming regularity considering how long ago that movie was. I love when you ask me to put the headphones on you so that you can listen to "doh doh" (aka Uptown Funk), and your Gangnam Style dancing could give even Psy a run for his money.


Your knock knock jokes are based solely on whatever item is within your field of vision. When I ask "who's there," you scan the room and what's usually "there" will end up being blankie, pillow, puppy, or even "more puppy." 


You are adamant about "cheers-ing" at every opportunity whether it is with a sippy cup or a yogurt cup. 


You also love food. Cooking it, eating it, chewing it, or sharing it with Carl, you love it all. You have been known to ask for seconds just so you can share them with Carl, which is much to my dismay particularly when it is the last of the macaroni and cheese and I'm still hungry. You can often be found rooting through the refrigerator for a snack. In the photo below, you decided to double fist some carrots. However, instead of eating them, you chewed them up and spit them on the carpet. I had to struggle just to get Carl to pick up the pieces. Sigh. 


Yet, your happy little face is all I need to forgive all the mischief and destruction. You are the last of the Chunglunds and your birthday has made Chunglund babies extinct from this planet. 

Happy happy birthday, sweet little boy. You can never understand just how much I love you because I cannot put it into words, but you don't have to understand it for it to be true. I love you forever and like you for always, little one.

xoxo,

Umma


No comments: