Wednesday, September 2, 2015

endless summer

Summer is coming to an end. School has already started. Little Miss J is in kindergarten! It has been an eye opening experience for me, but we can save that for another blog post. Even so, we are squeezing every little last bit of fun out of this summer, including a trip to Donner Lake with our good friends, Wendy and Steve. After the last few days at work, thinking back to our fun weekend is just what I needed.

There was swimming, kayaking, American Ninja warrior-ing, game playing, and beer and wine, of course! I could have definitely done without seeing one of my clients while in my swim suit bent over trying to remove J2's shoes, and also the next morning right after I had rolled out of bed and put on a hoodie to go grab coffee, but aside from that, we had a great weekend. Little Miss J hid in the closet at Beckett's cabin because she didn't want to head home.






And even after all the fun we had at Tahoe Donner, so much fun that the kids looked like THIS on the way home ...


We can't stop, won't stop swimming! We headed over to Auntie Rachael's house for more swimming!




I love how much my kids love the water. We've got one more weekend of summer until our Saturdays are consumed with soccer, and we plan to take full advantage of it!

No comments: