Monday, December 8, 2014

the most wonderful time of the year!

It's the most wonderful time of the year. I love the holidays. As my neighbor can attest, since he called me out on Facebook, last year I even had my tree up before Thanksgiving. Since my kids don't really need more "stuff," I'd like to start a tradition of giving them an "experience" each Christmas rather than go overboard on toys and other gifts. This year, I took Little Miss J and my mother-in-law to see the Nutcracker. After freaking out about losing the tickets that had been sitting in our mail holder since October, I was able to get the box office to reprint them - thank goodness.

It was definitely a fun girls day. I'm glad I got to do something nice for my mother-in-law, who does so much for us, and I loved seeing how excited my little girl was to see all the ballet dancers.





We got there early and there was a lot of waiting around for a four year old, but Little Miss J hung in there and was only a little whiny by the end of the show.

waiting for the show

autograph and photo op with Clara
headed home and still having fun.
She was so tired that she fell asleep in the car before we got home.


No comments: