Friday, July 25, 2014

three things

I was challenged by my friend, Wendy, to write down three things I am grateful for over the next three days.

1) Up first is Gus. We live together, work together, play together. We are together. A LOT. The other day, one of our clients actually stopped his car in the parking garage to ask, "don't you ever get sick of being together?" The sarcastic answer is yes, all. the. time. But truthfully, the answer is really no. Not only do I love my husband, but I actually really like him too.


2)  Next is my in-laws. I am grateful that they have been here to help us with our kids. I am grateful that my kids have such a close relationship with them, and I am grateful that I have gotten to know them better over the past year. And not gonna lie, the fact that the house is clean, the laundry is done, and there is dinner on the table doesn't suck.



3) Carleton Rover aka Carl Rove. This is the nicest dog EVER, who has endured about as many challenges as Gus and I - including being carried around in a gym bag in the condo where we were not supposed to have dogs. Being swept away from a house with a yard to a desert apartment. He is my constant companion, always underfoot. The kids are used to be whacked in the head by his crazy tail, and he's used to be climbed on by curious children. Everyone loves Carl.

No comments: