Monday, June 2, 2014

two-thirds


Dear my sweetest J2,

You are officially 8 months of Jonah-licious-ness. I love your two little teeth and your sweet little smile. But more importantly, I love how you win the gold medal for sleeping babies in our house. You officially hold the Chunglund Family Record for the baby independent sleeping event. The past few nights you've slept 8 hours on your own, in your own room, in your crib on on a futon mattress. As a side note, I am fully convinced that the crib is cursed, but I'm looking forward to repurposing it into a bench for our front porch.

Yeah, I'm pretty over these
stickers as well.

You are growing so fast - weighing in at about 21 lbs. You literally grew out of your 9 month clothes in about five minutes and I've had to start putting you into 12 month clothes already. The family record for fastest growing baby, however, is still held by your heavyweight champion sister. But hey, you can't win 'em all!

You like sitting and playing with toys - balls, stacking cups, etc. We still keep you surrounded with pillows on the off chance you face plant, but those moments are becoming fewer and farther between. No forward crawling yet, but you can move backwards and you do roll pretty efficiently if you need to get something, which really isn't often since you have 2-4 people surrounding you at all times all willing to heed your beck and call.  You've learned how to clap and you like to "talk." I love all your little faces - the big smile, the smirk, the tongue sticking out, etc.

You are eating pureed foods and you are much pickier than your sister. You actually threw up the pre-packaged cheesy potatoes, which in your defense, I think sounds pretty gross too but you can blame the food choice on your Appah. You tend to like things with banana, sweet potato, or some other fruit and you tend to like things with spinach less unless they have any of the formerly listed items mixed in.


I have no words for how cute you are! You are my most sweetest and snuggliest baby and I love you to the moon and back.

xoxo,
Umma


No comments: