Monday, June 16, 2014

exhausted and elated

***DISCLAIMER*** I am EXHAUSTED. I am literally, just went through 18 hours of labor and pushed a baby out tired. Every once in awhile my eyes go kind of blurry and I'm counting down the hours until I can go home even though I'm sure once I get home there will be an excited three year old wanting to play, dance, sing, etc. So anyway, you'll have to excuse the spelling/grammatical errors. We had a busy busy weekend with friends and family.
 
My brother, David and Avi arrived on Thursday morning. On Friday, David stayed home with Little Miss J, while Avi and I did about 8 hours of power shopping and got our hair blown out. An entire day of kid-free shopping is pretty unprecedented these days.


Friday night we headed to food truck Friday at McKinley Park, because unlike Wendy & Co. we had not had our fill of bounce houses on Thursday night.


This month they even had kiddie go-karts. Bonus! She really wanted to do it, but both Gus and I were a bit hesitant. Our hesitance was completely unfounded.


Saturday morning the Little Miss J fan club (including Auntie Rachael and Uncle Randy) packed up and headed to see her dance recital. She did such a good job, I was actually really proud of her. She sat backstage without her parents and did the dance with Gus and the finale dance - quite the little performer.


In the afternoon, while Grandma Amy was taking Little Miss J to the dance store to continue spoiling her, J2 got some one-on-one time with his Papa Roger.

deep in conversation
Saturday evening we packed up and headed to "Palmer's house" aka Sutter Lawn & Tennis (or something like that) for swimming, a little pole dancing, beer, cake, and good times with friends. As soon as we arrived, Little Miss J handed over the birthday present to Palmer's mom and said, "here, it's Spiderman bubbles!" It was also cute that Little Miss J gave Palmer a hug and a kiss on the cheek when she first saw him and then excitedly told him, "I got you Spiderman bubbles."

 
On Father's Day, we baptized J2. Pastor Todd had recently led a trip to Israel and so the water was from the River Jordan, which was some pretty cool symbolism. Little Miss J being the little attention whore seeker that she is, danced, twirled, splashed in the baptismal font all while getting "the look" from Gus. David and Avi served as the godparents.  We were so blessed to have so much family here for the occasion.
 
 
 
 
After church, more friends and family came to fete out little J2. There was brunch, swimming, sprinklers, and mimosas (my personal favorite). Even Carl got in on the swimming action.
 

Little Miss J had so much playing indoors and outdoors with all her friends, and J2 got some quality time with Grandma Amy.

 
sleepy baby
We closed out the weekend with a trip to Old Sacramento and dinner at Rio City Cafe, which reminds me that I need to write a Yelp review because while the food was pretty decent, the service was awful. The menu indicated that an 18% gratuity would be charged to parties of 5 or more. We had four adults, Little Miss J, who, for the most part, slept through the entire meal, and J2, who didn't eat anything. WTF. I probably would have let the front of the house rudeness go, but that was sort of the icing on the cake. I digress.
 
David, Avi and my parents all left this morning. It was so much fun having them here even though I am totally exhausted today, and my kids are so lucky to have so many people that love them.
 
 


No comments: