Thursday, May 15, 2014

mother's day recap

Another fantastic Mother's Day and my first with my mother-in-law. Gus packed us a lunch and we headed to Napa for a hike and picnic.

Only this princess would
wear a dress hiking



hiking FAIL
 



My Mother's Day gift has turned us into smoothie making maniacs. Little Miss J has been asking for "red smoothie" pretty much every day. This little gem spurred our 3 day detox diet, which Gus says he will never do again but I sort of liked it. Day 2 was the hardest but I was pretty impressed with myself that I stuck with it for the full three days. Of course I ate everything in sight today. Oh well.

And the coup d'etat this Mother's Day ... after nearly one year and one almost domestic dispute at Ikea, my handy husband finished the patio furniture!



Mother's Day is quickly surpassing my birthday as my favorite holiday. Thanks to my wonderful family for a great Mother's Day! Little Miss J even asked me just this morning if we could pretend it was Mother's Day again. I'm really OK with that.




 

No comments: