Monday, April 7, 2014

0.5 years

 
Dear J2,
 
You are six months old! I cannot believe how fast it has gone by nor can I believe that I am actually saying that I wish you would stay a baby forever. You continue to be a chill, happy little dude. Today was your 6 month check up. Appah took you to the doctor since I had a meeting so I missed you smiling at yourself in the mirror and your first little army crawl. Those are new tricks that we didn't even know you could do!
 
You've started eating solids and so far you've loved everything but the spinach purees. We'll have to give those another shot a bit later. You've been drinking less and eating more. You were 19 lbs and 27 inches long at your doctor's appointment. You wear 9 month pajamas, but can still fit into the 6 month onesies and pants.
 
I adore what a happy baby you are, but your tolerance for sitting in your own feces and your penchant for pulling blankets over your face is a bit alarming. You are pretty much over the baby swing and have moved full-time to the jumper. You can get some pretty good air in that thing. You still love it when we sing to you. The other night I managed to sing you to sleep using the "Sportsmanship Song" from the good old cheerleading days. I have continued to struggle with work (although, it's gotten better as of late) because work is simply not as fun as staying home and spending all day smiling and laughing with you.
 
There are few things I enjoy more than coming home to you after work and scooping you up for some smoochies. You continue to be a good sleeper and I have even witnessed a few stints of you sleeping in your crib. I have been convinced that thing is cursed since neither you nor your sister have been all that fond of the crib, but perhaps you are breaking the spell. I made this little gem to honor your magical qualities ...
 
 
You are one lucky little boy with so many people that love and adore you!
 
Love you forever, like you for always -
 
Umma 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: