Monday, February 18, 2013

my little valentine

We arrived home from our mini-vacation the night before Valentine's Day. Luckily, this mama planned ahead and we had Little Miss J's valentines all ready to go for the next day. I did make a failed attempt at heart shaped Rice Krispie treats in the wee hours of the morning. Who knew that when you added food coloring to the almond bark candy coating it got all wonky? Anyway, Little Miss J is pretty obssessed with Hello Kitty, like any good little Asian girl is - and she was so excited to wear her Valentine's Day Hello Kitty shirt. When we picked her up from preschool, she had two bags of Valentine's loot to sort through. I was a bit surprised at how many candy/treats came home with her considering the preschool asks for only healthy treats for birthdays. I thought perhaps that would carry through to other holidays. We managed to limit Little Miss J to one chocolate heart with the promise of more candy the following day. I managed to stash her treats in the cupboard and it has been out of sight out of mind, thankfully. What I was most impressed with was as we were going through her Valentine's, Little Miss J was telling me who sent her which Valentine. My little smarty pants.


While Little Miss J was sorting through her "stuff," Gus was out picking us up our Valentine's Day dinner ... heart shaped veggie pizza!


Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments: