Tuesday, May 29, 2012

splish splash

On the eve of an upcoming California trip, I took an afternoon to have some good old fashioned mommy daughter time with the fabulous Little Miss J at the splash pad. If you are one of my Minnesota friends, who reads this blog, you might be asking - "what's a splash pad?" It is really only the most perfect way to cool off on a 100+ degree day. Now that Little Miss J is walking (more like running) I think the splash pad will be a regular summer activity. She loves love loves running and splashing through the little geysers of water. The one we went to yesterday was particularly nice because there was a large canopy shading the entire area. My favorite part of the day was when Little Miss J put her foot over the hole to hold the water back and when she took her foot away got a stream of water right in her face. The look of surprise and glee while water dripped down her face was the highlight of my day. Even strangers were commenting to me how funny my daughter was running around sticking her face in each little fountain. Here she is having a blast and not even worried about running with the big dogs (kids).


I foresee many more days of splashing around the parks this summer. A park crawl, of sorts.

2 comments:

Wild Reed said...

I want a splash pad!

Nina B said...

Well, I think it might just be a glorified sprinkler system so you could probably build your own.