Sunday, May 6, 2012

mommy's little helper

Little Miss J is a fantastic helper. She'll throw things in the trash for you. Go get your shoes and help you put them on. Pick up toys. Take the laundry out of the dryer. Proportionally speaking, she is probably more helpful to me than Gus.

Some of my favorite memories involve helping my mom bake. So I've been excited to make the same memories with my little helper. We recently got a stool/tower contraption similar to a Little Partners Learning Tower, so that Little Miss J can be safely at countertop level and not worry about falling. Here she is, testing it out.




We only got it last weekend and I was in California all last week, so we haven't had much of a chance to really try it. But tonight after our swim date, I think Little Miss J and I will make some mommy baby banana bread. I love my little helper!

2 comments:

Wild Reed said...

Let me know how that works!

Nina B said...

Works awesome! J loves to be at counter level when Mommy is preparing food. She knows the stove is "hot" and not to touch. I give her some utensils and maybe a snack and just let her play around, while I'm getting dinner ready. She can climb in it by herself, but needs some help getting down.