Wednesday, July 11, 2018

home

We've been having so much fun this summer that I haven't kept up with the blogging! Most recently we headed home (at least home for me) for our regularly scheduled Minnesota vacation. It's always a whirlwind to see ALL the people and still get a chance to relax and just do nothing. As the years have gone by, I think we've gotten better and better at fitting it all in.

We saw the regulars, my childhood besties and my dear friend Jenn and her family.



I swam across a lake with my friend, Beth.



We celebrated the 4th. My kids, despite being California bred, know nothing but the 4th of July in Tower, MN. We're sorta the token Asian family. It really wouldn't be the same without us.




J2 partied his pants off ... literally.


We had plenty of time to hang out with Dave, who is the best uncle and brother you could ever ask for. He's so good at playing with the kids so I don't have to do it. LOL.



We saw lots of cousins.




We swam, kayaked, and boated to our heart's content. I read three whole books that didn't have a single picture! THREE! Talk about guilty pleasure.




I took a super cute selfie with my parents' dog, Elvie.


I convinced my Dad to let me pop the 1998 bottle of Dom languishing in the wine fridge since forever.


J2 learned how to tap out. Thanks, Dave.


J1 learned how to play poker.


Best of all, there was quality time with Papa Roger and Grandma Amy.



It was certainly a whirlwind of fun. Thanks Minnesota! Until next time.


No comments: