Tuesday, June 7, 2016

gonna fly now


Cue Rocky theme song. Little Miss J and I participated in the Women's Fitness Festival last Sunday. Started with a 5K for me, where my goal was under 9 minute miles.

NAILED IT.
Then we roamed around a bit. Had our body composition tested. Ate some granola. Squeezed some oranges all over us (that was just J2). Got our blood pressure taken. Tried to quell the impatience that is a five year old waiting for something. 

It was finally Little Miss J's turn for the 1/2 mile Princess Run. She was excited and a little nervous when I left her at the starting line. She made me promise to run with her, but when they started she took off so fast I nearly had to sprint to keep up with her! 


About half way through she slowed down a bit and was looking tired, but perked up when she saw the turnaround point and then when we saw the finish line I urged her to run hard to the finish. It was her first race and I think she was pretty proud of herself. Each little girl got a tiara at the end. 


It was fun to be able to share the day with my little girl. 

I don't particularly love running. I do it because it's easy. I can just throw my shoes on and head out the door. Plus I can take Carl, who loves the exercise. Even though swimming is my first love, running is much less effort than getting in my car, putting my swimsuit on, and dealing with goggle marks and smelling like chlorine. Whether it's swimming or running, I am trying to teach my kids the importance of being active. We get plenty of screen time. Trust me. After her race, Little Miss J asked if she could go for a run with me sometime. And that is FOR THE WIN!



No comments: