Thursday, May 12, 2016

pedi & a nap

We went to church on Mother's Day and during children sermon the kids were asked what they thought their mom wanted for Mother's Day. At first Little Miss J was a bit shy, but by the end she announced to the entire congregation that her mom would like a nap because she's always tired because of her children. Can I get an AMEN?!

We kicked off our celebrating on Saturday with a little mommy-daughter spa time. Little Miss J wanted to get her haircut to "somewhere around her neck," and I had asked for a pedicure for Mother's Day. Gus set up the appointments and all we had to do was show up and decide whether I wanted white or pink champagne. Easy peasy.



Sunday after church we did a quick breakfast at Boudin where J2 proceeded to take off his shoes and socks and poop his pants. While not ideal, this is pretty much how we roll so it was to be expected. No disappointment here. 

When we got home, I got to open cards. J2 has been trying to give me this card since he picked it out at the store the weekend before - including trying to give it to me AT the store and then again at home after he had "signed" his name. Then we headed out to tour Capitol Park and the Capitol building. Nearly four years in Sacramento working within a mile of the capitol and we've never really walked through the park or toured the building, though I have run around the park about a million times. J2 discovered the magic of the echo and ran through the Capitol yelling "HELLOOOO!"

J2 refused to stop running long enough to be in this photo
 



J2 had fun running his little head off until it was time for the grand finale, buffet at the Hyatt Regency. I stuffed my face with crab claws (lots and lots of them), oysters on the half shell, carnitas, prime rib with creamed horseradish, eggs benedict, and too many other things to name. Delicious. My kids were relatively well-behaved the entire time. Little Miss J was pretty focused on crab cracking and I have no shame in saying that I gave J2 an iPhone so I could stuff my face and indulge in bottomless mimosas in relative peace and quiet.



Fat and happy, we went home and I even got a little nap in! Happiest of Mother's Days! Hope all my mama friends also got a little somethin' somethin' for themselves. 

No comments: