Tuesday, December 1, 2015

four days

Before the winter holidays have descended too far upon us, I needed to recap our Thanksgiving holiday. Every year I get a little bit grouchy because I miss my parents, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc., and in spite of this our holiday this year has gone down in history as one of our favorites. We packed an awful lot of fun both planned and spontaneous into those four days. 

We participated in Run to Feed the Hungry, where Little Miss J correctly pointed out that we actually didn't literally feed any hungry people. It was pretty cute watching J2 run. He was so happy with the freedom he kept looking around with this big smile on his face weaving back and forth like a little drunk resulting in only a few face plants with no real injuries sustained. 



Then we headed over the river with Gus's parents to Rachael's house for apple cider mimosas (yum) and dinner with the McKinneys. It was so good to see Rachael's mother-in-law up and about doing so much better after she had suffered a broken leg several months ago. The highlights included, Little Miss J receiving the game Simon, which she said is a game "I have to play all by myself" (THANK GOD); and J2 sleeping through turkey dinner whereby I only had to field 6 million questions from my five year old rather than answering said questions and being prepared to spring into action when J2 would inevitably decide to spit out and/or throw food.





Thursday night Gus and I got a little alone time, which we spent getting chair massages and Starbucks at the mall and swinging by Target for a few gifts. 

Black Friday we did our weekly Costco shopping and then headed over to Gus's mom's house. I helped make radish kimchi and then Gus's cousins came from the Bay Area for lunch. Both kids had such a fun time playing with aunts, uncles and cousins.




Saturday we headed to Tahoe for some sledding. The weather was perfect. We went with our neighbors and everyone had a blast. This I think was my favorite event of the four days. 

a shot of liquid courage
because what's cuter than a toddler in a ski helmet & goggles?
 


Karly kept the kids entertained on the drive home
oh yeah, and there was actual sledding too!
On Sunday we thought we'd just chill at home. I got an unexpected text from my college friend, Carrie. She and her family were heading back to the Bay Area from Tahoe and wanted to know if we were free for a playdate. Little Miss J was so happy to see their daughter, Eleanor, who is the same age. After a teensy bit of initial shyness, both girls played together the entire time. 

It was a great four days filled with family, friends and lots of fun. Thanks to everyone that shared the long weekend with us!

No comments: