Monday, August 17, 2015

birthday trifecta

This past weekend was our last weekend before Little Miss J started kindergarten. Eeek! We certainly made the most of it by partying all. weekend. long.

Friday night, was Benson's birthday at the splash pool by our home. Piled J2 and swim gear in the wagon and Little Miss J pedaled pedaled pedaled her bike up to the park. Little Miss J loves the "mushroom" waterfall. J2 also liked it, but only when I held him and ran back and forth under it. After swimming, the were slides to slide down and swings to be swung.




photo credit: Tana Toll
 On Saturday we did the early morning shift at Costco. Then got ready to head to Fitness Rangers for Beckett's birthday. That place is so fun I think I'm having my birthday there next year!




On our way home from the birthday party, we got an invite for an impromptu swim/dinner party with our neighbors, and of course we accepted! I didn't take any photos, but I had a fun night watching Little Miss J swim back and forth, catching up with friends, and having some drinks and amazing food!

Sunday we went to church for the first time since vacation and then we were headed back to the pool for the last party of the weekend for Miss Ella!



Little Miss J went down the water slide and jumped off the diving board. Her swimming has really improved over this summer. Both Gus and I feel comfortable letting her swim on her own without a flotation device and without having to be in the water to help her. The little bit of freedom is nice, for all of us. She has expressed an interest in swim team for next summer, which warms this former competitive swimmer's heart. J2 loves his goggles and has taken to swimming with Little Miss J's old floatie. He's bobbing around and is quite the kicker. I mostly can't get over how adorable he looks with those goggles on though.

And since three birthday parties weren't enough and the kids had fallen asleep in the car anyway, we headed to the mall for more fun. Carousels, arcades, and the candy store, which was mostly for me because they have these mini gummy bears that are my favorites.



By the time we rolled into our house last night, I was exhausted and hanging onto my last shred of sanity listening to the wall of sound that is Little Miss J. In fact, just writing this blog post and thinking of all the stuff we did last weekend is making me exhausted all over again. I may have to pull a Costanza and take a nap under my desk.

No comments: