Monday, June 1, 2015

little miss j at the bat


We survived our first t-ball season! Barely. The real t-ball moms of Sacramento may or may not have secretly wished that we could forfeit the last game and just head straight to the party. 

I also endured my first snack shack shift complete with burning myself on the popcorn machine and having to refill the bag 'o cheese in the nacho machine. I earned my first giant button of Little Miss J's smiling face in full uniform. I think these things are mom rites of passage, as I recall my mom always having a button of me and my brother, as well as working the canteen at the Hippodrome.

the greatest
I have to say I am pretty proud of my little girl. She is brave, and relatively speaking she focuses, she tries hard, and is a good listener. By the end of this season, the coaches were pitching to the kids rather than hitting off the tee and actually making some plays. Not only was it fun to watch them improve, but after game pizza and beers certainly didn't suck. We all get so busy with our lives, families and activities, that it was kind of nice to be able to count on seeing our friends on Friday nights for games. Even if we weren't always up for the after party, it's just nice to see their faces and exchange a friendly hello. 

After our last game on Friday, we all headed over to the Shahs for the end of the year PARTY! Water slide, beer, trophies. So. much. fun.




you'd think she won an Oscar
Thank you to everyone for a super fun t-ball season!


No comments: