Friday, May 22, 2015

a life that's good

I've been binge watching Nashville, in case you couldn't tell from the title of this post.

Mother's Day. It was a good day. I joked that I wanted ALL the things for Mother's Day - a day off from parenting, sleeping in, etc. and maybe something sparkly. But really, all I want is to spend time with my family. Those two kids that drive me crazy one minute are the two people that fill my heart with joy and love the next.

We went to church. 


We got some takeout brunch from Ettore's because no sane person wants to take J2 to a restaurant these days. 


Gus's parents came over for brunch. I tried that thing floating around in Pinterest where you put the hashbrowns in the waffle iron. It wasn't an epic fail, but I wouldn't say it was wildly successful. It took forever for if to cook, but once it was finally cooked it was pretty tasty.


Then we took the kids to Funderland where I took one for the Chunglund team, since moms got a free wristband, and rode ALL the rides, including teacups.



This was the first time J2 has gotten to ride anything by himself. To say he liked it would be an understatement of epic proportion. 

before
after
"fishy, one more!"
And that was Mother's Day. Aside from the fruit tart from Ettore's, it felt largely like any other day, which as it turns out I'm more than OK with. Maybe I didn't get breakfast in bed, but on any given Saturday, it's Gus and not me, making the entire family breakfast in the morning. It's actually not uncommon that by Sunday afternoon I'm exhausted and Gus will entertain the kids for an hour so I can nap. Maybe I didn't get a card on Mother's Day or something sparkly, but if my Mother's Day was any ordinary day, then I have a life that's good.



No comments: