Wednesday, September 10, 2014

eleven months

Dear J2,
My sweetest little baby boy! You are 11 months old! Why do you insist on getting older? Last night when I came home from tennis, you sprint crawled down the hallway and stood up in front of me so I could pick you up and smooch your cute little baby face. If you weren't so damn heavy (23 lbs), I'd carry you everywhere all the time. Last Friday you took your first steps and luckily I was home to witness them! You consistently sleep about 10 hours through the night. So yeah, you're my favorite.
 
You eat pretty much anything we give you and you want to eat pretty much anything anyone else has. At Costco the other day, you snatched Little Miss J's meatball so I had to get you your own.

 
One of the absolute most adorable things you do is cover your face and play peek-a-boo. I love seeing your little smile, when you show me your face. You wave bye-bye when I leave for work and when you want something you point at it, hold your hand out, and make some sort of grunting noise. It certainly gets the job done. You definitely take after your sister in that you love to tip over the dog's water bowl and shove little handfuls of dog food into your mouth.

You love the water - swimming or bathtime you are a splashing machine.




Your favorite shows are Bachelor in Paradise and the Real Housewives of Orange County. You sit and watch both very attentively.

watching Bachelor in Paradise.
You love your big sister and you are a lucky kid because she is very good to you. We have indoctrinated her and she knows that you are the baby and that she has to take care of you. She has learned share with you and does so less and less grudgingly. The other day you wanted to play with her brand new toy and she let you with little to no protest.

Pretty much once every two or three weeks, I wish you were still a little baby and I was still on maternity leave with you. But of course I love seeing you grow up and it's pretty adorable when you wave bye-bye, give a high five or come barreling down the hall on all fours to greet me.

I'm so glad I made such a cute and sweet little munchkin! Look at how smoochable that little face is!

baby bedhead
There are truly no words to describe just how much I love you! You, without a doubt, make me happy when skies are gray.

Love you to infinity and beyond,

Umma

No comments: