Monday, August 18, 2014

10 months

I should really just give up on these stickers.
 
Dear J2,
 
You are the last of the Chunglund babies, and since you insist on growing up, this means that in two short months Chunglund babies will be extinct. You are closer to 11 months than 10, so you will have to excuse my tardiness. I just got rid of your 12 month clothes and you are off to the races in 18 months. This pretty much means that our days of Alex hand me downs are over. You have 8 adorable little teeth and you have been taking full advantage of them by biting the heads off of goldfish crackers. I have noticed you've developed your pincer grasp and are now capable of actually getting the food into your mouth on your own. You seem to find pureed chicken and quinoa barfworthy, literally - over the past week or so, you've eaten chunks of red bell pepper, cucumber, carnitas, guacamole, and tortillas. You can use a sippy cup, although you are too lazy to hold it (or your bottle) on your own.
 

teething on a bell pepper
You are a speedy crawler and are particularly interested in what is inside the refrigerator. If you hear it open, you start crawling at lightening speed to get in there. You are also getting a hang of the walking thing.


You love love love your Halmoni - to the point where I am not even sure you like me at all. The other morning you were crawling around the hallway and as soon as you heard Halmoni's voice, you turned around and started crawling toward her. You are so happy to see her every morning when she comes over. I am happy that you will have such a good relationship with her and I know it makes her happy, as well.
 
It turns out you are quite the climber. Umma almost had a heart attack when she came into the living room and saw you standing on this chair and leaning into the fireplace.
 

You have also climbed into the shelf on your changing table and gotten stuck.


Your smiling face brings me such joy each and every day and I can't stop kissing your adorable little face. You are still a happy and chill little guy and I love hanging out with you.
 
so damn cute!
Love you forever, like you for always,
 
Umma

No comments: