Monday, March 11, 2013

something else

As Little Miss J has gotten older, the whole candy thing has become more difficult especially when there is Halloween, Valentine's Day, etc. At Halloween, I let her have one piece after trick or treating and then we managed to hide the rest. Out of sight out of mind. Same thing onValentine's Day. In fact, I just found the rest of her Valentine's Day candy a couple weeks ago and tossed it. Last Saturday, it was her first day of gymnastics class and they gave us a welcome package, which included a pen, some coupons, and a few Hershey kisses. Of course, she wanted to open it right away so we negotiated that if she got in the carseat we would open it for her. Gus managed to remove the pen without her noticing. Then she handed the package to me to open and as I opened it I removed the candy. When I handed it back, I watched her carefully sort through the coupons, which was all that was left in there. After a short moment, she kept saying "something else, something else." I  was caught red handed by the two year-old. So I handed her one of the chocolates and thankfully she forgot about the rest of them. Can't fool this one as easily anymore ... apparently, she wasn't born yesterday.

No comments: